Too hot to gather & eat eggs?

I forgot to add that fireants are going nuts this year. Ive talked to people that have lost all their chickens to them. I tried diatomeous earth like I do every year but its not doing anything at all. I got some boric acid that is only slightly toxic to them and there were less ants. You have to check them in the early morning or late evening. I had over 2,000 bites last year and already this year its close to 1,000 but unless its on my feet I barely notice them anymore but I still have the blisters. Also use the boric acid that comes with bait so they take it to their queen. I also bought four boxes of 20 mule laundry detergent and a 10 lb bag of sugar to lure them to it. I havent used it yet because of using the boric acid first. As for the eggs...I used to just feed them back to the chickens cuz by 11am I thought they were rotten. But I realized they are just partially hard boiled. One of my ducks was hiding their eggs and I found 14 last night and my heart stopped. I do not need anymore ducks. I candled them with my phone and they were partially cooked so I put them in the airfryer and finished cooking them. If you candle them and see weird stuff floating inside then it partially cooked and fine to eat. I did find three eggs with chicks forming inside the house. One chicken waits by the door for me to open it and runs inside. Trust me trying to catch her is too much in this heat so she lays her eggs and I just get them...but I forgot. Im leaving them there to see if they keep forming or dont make it. Let me know how it goes...remember Im only an hour away so I know how it is...its even hotter in CG than Tucson...but Im also in the desert not in town. I dont know if you can see my other posts but I put up some pics of my duck with sunburned feet. That can also happen with ducks and probably geese as well...I didnt know that.
Thanks for all of the tips! It's a brutal summer 🥵

Back
Top Bottom