1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Recent Chicken Death in the Flock

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Blackberry18, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Blackberry18

Blackberry18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    As some of you may have seen, I posted a couple of threads regarding some peculiar behavior with one of my hens. That was Blackberry, my username's inspiration and former chicken of the month. I found her last night; I assumed that age caught up with her, she was five and a half. Her article is available in my signature. This is a very hard loss for me and the rest of the flock, she was a great chicken.

[​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet Blackberry. [​IMG] Such a pretty girl. It sounds like she didn't suffer, which is a good thing. Sometimes we just don't know what has happened. You are always going to have her memories to reflect on.

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I'm so sorry about Blackberry. I know how hard it is to lose a good chicken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by