Solved Recently Posted Photos Disappearing from Threads

Discussion in 'Site Problems, Issues, & Guides' started by speckledhen, May 18, 2017.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You see below that they are just gone. I'm using the latest Firefox version available, updates automatically.

The photos should be there, not this. They were there because folks saw them and replied to the post with the photos. Today, gone. Checking others to see if they vanished on other threads, too. BRB.
    ETA: Another thread's recently posted pics are just fine. Weird.

upload_2017-5-18_11-17-5.png

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    It looks like they are still working on pics/attachments - we don't have that selector right now in our profile page. Maybe they have just temporarily disabled it?
    The only pic I've posted today is still in the thread.

3. speckledhen

They were there for days and now just vanished, but others posted almost at the same time are still there. It's just a weird glitch. I just posted more in two threads, better go back and see if they're still there!

4. MattW

MattW Technical Admin Staff Member Premium Member

May 15, 2017
    Rotherham, UK
    Can you post a link to that thread please?

5. MattW

May 15, 2017
    Rotherham, UK
    OK, I know what the issue is. They were uploaded during an issue with the conversion. They were uploaded to a folder full of corrupted images, so unfortunately we're removed as part of the cleanup process :(

6. MattW

May 15, 2017
    Rotherham, UK
    If you have the images still yourself, edit the thread and uploading again will put them back into the post.

Apologies for this.

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Yes, sorry about that! We've been doing all we can to make sure we don't lose data, but in this case (which you helped us discover, so thank you!) there were a few casualties when one of the import scripts went rampant and caused some problems. We nuked it quick, but it took our a few friendlies in the process.

We're working very hard to make sure that doesn't happen again!

8. MattW

May 15, 2017
    Rotherham, UK
    I've been through, and can confirm there were only 20 images affected by this.

9. speckledhen

That's okay guys, was just reporting it in case it helped with any of your tweaking. I can put them back, no big deal!

MattW likes this.
  10. speckledhen

trying again, Matt and Rob. It put it back so weird, haha!
    upload_2017-5-18_16-45-8.png

I see it, now let me hit post again. If it's not there, I swear, it was! upload_2017-5-18_16-45-8.png

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by