Solved Recently Posted Photos Disappearing from Threads

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
You see below that they are just gone. I'm using the latest Firefox version available, updates automatically.

The photos should be there, not this. They were there because folks saw them and replied to the post with the photos. Today, gone. Checking others to see if they vanished on other threads, too. BRB.
ETA: Another thread's recently posted pics are just fine. Weird.

upload_2017-5-18_11-17-5.png

It looks like they are still working on pics/attachments - we don't have that selector right now in our profile page. Maybe they have just temporarily disabled it?
The only pic I've posted today is still in the thread.

It looks like they are still working on pics/attachments - we don't have that selector right now in our profile page. Maybe they have just temporarily disabled it?
The only pic I've posted today is still in the thread.

They were there for days and now just vanished, but others posted almost at the same time are still there. It's just a weird glitch. I just posted more in two threads, better go back and see if they're still there!

You see below that they are just gone. I'm using the latest Firefox version available, updates automatically.

The photos should be there, not this. They were there because folks saw them and replied to the post with the photos. Today, gone. Checking others to see if they vanished on other threads, too. BRB.
ETA: Another thread's recently posted pics are just fine. Weird.

View attachment 551037
Can you post a link to that thread please?

They were there for days and now just vanished, but others posted almost at the same time are still there. It's just a weird glitch. I just posted more in two threads, better go back and see if they're still there!
OK, I know what the issue is. They were uploaded during an issue with the conversion. They were uploaded to a folder full of corrupted images, so unfortunately we're removed as part of the cleanup process :(

If you have the images still yourself, edit the thread and uploading again will put them back into the post.

Apologies for this.

Yes, sorry about that! We've been doing all we can to make sure we don't lose data, but in this case (which you helped us discover, so thank you!) there were a few casualties when one of the import scripts went rampant and caused some problems. We nuked it quick, but it took our a few friendlies in the process.

We're working very hard to make sure that doesn't happen again!

I've been through, and can confirm there were only 20 images affected by this.

Back
Top Bottom