Recessive Red eyed cinnamon/silver guineas (New pics)

Pics
ZACH '96 :

Quote:
I would love to know how you get a pearled white?... as since the pearling itself is white... it wouldnt show up
hmm.png

Still waiting on those pics ozguineafowl
wink.png

Hi zach96
welcome-byc.gif
yes white can have pearling sorry about that
wink.png

Quote:
Zazouse here at BYC has a pearled white. She called it a Pearly White.... There is some controversy that its not really a white.... I have no particulars. Its a very pretty bird. White birds here just as well paint a target on them. too many predators.

Sounds awesome...... I would probably prefer that to plain white, but without pics you can't really decide....

mrbellmere promised to put his black eye white picture here saturday not sure if its pearled or not? hope he does it today????

ZACH '96 :

I would love to know how you get a pearled white?... as since the pearling itself is white... it wouldnt show up
hmm.png

The pearl markings on the feather have a different opacity than the feather's background color does, so it really is possible to see white on white. It's kind of like looking thru skim milk and whole milk, they are both white, just different densities of white. Hope that helps clarify. Look at Zaz's pics again you can clearly see what I just explained.... scroll down to #8 in this thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5299887 She's got a few more pics on a few other threads, I'm just not energetic enough to hunt them all down, lol.
You can see the opacity difference very clearly in all of her close-up pics of her Pearly Whites
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Sounds awesome...... I would probably prefer that to plain white, but without pics you can't really decide....

mrbellmere promised to put his black eye white picture here saturday not sure if its pearled or not? hope he does it today????

In the mean time, you could share some pictures of your whites?

Quote:
The pearl markings on the feather have a different opacity than the feather's background color does, so it really is possible to see white on white. It's kind of like looking thru skim milk and whole milk, they are both white, just different densities of white. Hope that helps clarify. Look at Zaz's pics again you can clearly see what I just explained.... scroll down to #8 in this thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5299887 She's got a few more pics on a few other threads, I'm just not energetic enough to hunt them all down, lol.
You can see the opacity difference very clearly in all of her close-up pics of her Pearly Whites
idunno.gif

Thanks for posting the link to the thread, really nice birds!!!

I know, I want a few of that color so BAD, lol. I hatched 782 keets last season, at least 50 of them were pure White... I was so crossing my fingers for one of them to develop pearls!

Quote:
AWESOME!! I really love that colour, plus having the normal eyes their vision would be just as good as any other, thanks for sharing
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom