Recessive White Rooster, babies are blue?

Idk about dominant white, but recessive white is just as easy. ;) It's the same idea, but the light has two switches, like a ceiling fan light that has a pull cord and a wall switch.

If either switch is flipped wrong the light doesn't come on. It takes both the pull cord being pulled AND the wall switch to turn that light on. You know how sometimes you flip the switch and go ??? why didn't the light turn on and then realize you gotta pull the cord too... It's like that.

So recessive white would look like;

ww - not white, doesn't carry white (both switches are off, room is dark)
Ww or wW - not white, carries white (either the pull cord or the wall switch is in the on position but not both so the room is still dark)
WW - Is white, carries white, must pass down one white. (The light switch is on and the pull cord and the room is lit.)

And then extrapolate from there, simple dominant genes look like

DOMINANT/DOMINANT - shows the dominant gene, must pass one down (Good example, blue in egg shells, OO)
DOMINANT/notdominant - Shows the dominant gene but may or may not pass one down (O/o in eggs still puts blue in the shell)
notdominant/notdominant - Does not have or show the dominant gene (a brown or white egg is ALWAYS o/o)
I'm going to print this and study it :) thanks Mouse :)

Possibly. But that’s not exactly what I was saying. If you breed a recessive white (two copies) to a non-recessive white, all the chicks will only have one copy of recessive white, which wouldn’t show up.
thanks ... I've done a bit of reading and I think I get it. It's more complex than I thought. Dominant and recessive white are different things.

Back
Top Bottom