Recommendations for camera in the coop?

I use the Wyze cameras. I have a couple of different models but the V3 is my favorite with the V2 right behind that. They do require wifi and power. The V2s work daisy chained off of one another, haven't tried that with the V3 and I'm not sure if it's an option. They have an outdoor cam that is rechargeable, good option if you don't have power in the area you want the cameras but my least favorite. Video quality is good. App is good. Price is right at $20 per camera.

They are fun though. You can catch pictures like Waffle doing her best cheese puff impression (quarantine coop, outdoor Wyze cam)
View attachment 2482275

Aliens in their brooder (V2)
View attachment 2482279

Sleeping potatoes (V2)
View attachment 2482281
And I've even provided footage to their vet when I had a young cockerel die suddenly overnight and then again when one of my pullets had some odd respiratory effort overnight.
Great pictures! I use the Arlo system and love it but it is pricey.
I have some sleeping potatoes too!
54FB8D12-C32E-4957-BE36-30405F8F2473.jpeg

Sleeping potato pictures are the best! I have an Arlo motion sensor light and love it. I'd eventually like to upgrade to their camera system too as I've read that image quality is superior. Future plans!
I definitely recommend it if you can get the cash together. Their newer cameras have audio which is also adorable as the chickens gossip together before going to sleep.
I love the look of your coop with flowery wallpaper - so cute!

I definitely recommend it if you can get the cash together. Their newer cameras have audio which is also adorable as the chickens gossip together before going to sleep.
I love the look of your coop with flowery wallpaper - so cute!
The wallpaper, definitely a pinterest steal, is that stuff for lining drawers so you can wipe it down! I thought it was an incredible idea and then proceeded to find the most gaudy looking stuff possible. I love it!:gig

The wallpaper, definitely a pinterest steal, is that stuff for lining drawers so you can wipe it down! I thought it was an incredible idea and then proceeded to find the most gaudy looking stuff possible. I love it!:gig
Is it the stuff you peel and stick? Does the stickyness hold up with humidity and cold etc. outside? Sorry for hijacking a camera thread but you have got me thinking about coop decorating!

Is it the stuff you peel and stick? Does the stickyness hold up with humidity and cold etc. outside? Sorry for hijacking a camera thread but you have got me thinking about coop decorating!
It is peel and stick but I used some additional outdoor spray glue. Did it early one morning on a day when I could have the windows and door open all day. So far so good! There is one spot that isn't sticking well but the rest is holding up. I'll replace that part once it's warmer.

Game cameras are always good! I don't have experience with them but many say they are the best.
I have a couple of game cameras, but you have to take out the card to see the pics. Also, they do better from a slight distance from the object. My coop is too small to get good pics with the game cameras, but it does great in the yard.

This is a bit of an odd request, but my family was talking about putting a camera in our chicken coop to keep better tabs on the girls. See who's laying, who's not, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good camera for this purpose? Does anyone have anything like this in their coop? I'd prefer it to be something where we wouldn't have to physically interact with the camera to see the footage (e.g. collect an SD card) but instead something we could view over WiFi. Thanks in advance!
We put a baby monitor in the coop which also has a thermostat reader. It works out great! We can see who is in the nesting box and when to retrieve the eggs without disturbing them.
IMG_8883.jpg
There were several days this winter when the outside temperature dipped down to single digit, and I was worried. After installing the monitor, we found that the coop's inside temperature is typically 10 degrees (F) higher than outside (without chickens), and nearly 20 degrees higher when they are all roosting! The baby monitor costs $49 from amazon. The brand is called "GoodBaby". It has night vision - so you can see the chooks all the time!! Attached is a video of our Polish (Nutmeg is her name) trying to arrange all the eggs from other nesting box to her box while laying (we put lots of ceramic eggs in the box to teach them where to lay eggs and prevent egg eating - our girls just started laying eggs last month).

I use the Wyze cameras. I have a couple of different models but the V3 is my favorite with the V2 right behind that. They do require wifi and power. The V2s work daisy chained off of one another, haven't tried that with the V3 and I'm not sure if it's an option. They have an outdoor cam that is rechargeable, good option if you don't have power in the area you want the cameras but my least favorite. Video quality is good. App is good. Price is right at $20 per camera.

They are fun though. You can catch pictures like Waffle doing her best cheese puff impression (quarantine coop, outdoor Wyze cam)
View attachment 2482275

Aliens in their brooder (V2)
View attachment 2482279

Sleeping potatoes (V2)
View attachment 2482281
And I've even provided footage to their vet when I had a young cockerel die suddenly overnight and then again when one of my pullets had some odd respiratory effort overnight.
What a classy coop! Your chooks are so lucky to have wall-papered house!

Back
Top Bottom