Recommendations for camera in the coop?

I have not read all of the responses, but see the Wyze footage looks really great! Has anyone thought of baby monitors? I've been looking into the same thing and can't decide on what to get either.

I tried running my wyze cam on a battery I'll link at the end. It ran about 2 days. I do not record video, just check the cam 5 times a day or so. I also turn the infrared lights on and off through the app as needed, so they aren't always running. I'm not convinced the IR lights have no effect on the chickens sleep, so I turn them off when I am done checking on the birds. Its in the 20s F here at night. Run time would be longer in the summer. Cold and batteries don't get along.

If I wanted to run the cam on batteries, I would have 2 and swap them everyday. They fit in you pocket and weigh nothing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07QXV6N1B?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I too use a baby monitor. It has 2 cameras with night vision, temp and sound and a monitor. Works great. No WIFI , no app. It does however require electricity. The brand is Axvue and I got it on Amazon for like 60.00 dollars. Done and done.

We have a Ring set up as that is what we use at the house generally. We now have 5 cameras around the run and coop. We have a WiFi extender plugged into an outlet nearby and that gives a very good connection. Four of the cameras are zoned into that. The camera in the coop itself is solar powered.
There was some trial and error to get things working and a couple we only have as a Live Feed (no motion detection). But it is fun to watch the chooks.
We do have a limited supply here in NZ. I know that Arlo is available but we started with Ring, so are sticking with them.

Attachments

• 080321.jpg
    080321.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 20
  • AllRoosting250221.jpg
    AllRoosting250221.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 20
I too use the Ring cameras. Costco had them 3 in a package for $250.00. They are battery powered and use WiFi. Can be connected to regular electric current or solar with adapters. My batteries have been lasting about 5 to 6 weeks before recharge needed. Noticed they did last longer in the spring when there was not as much movement in the coop. Night vision is good but they are lacking in motion capture at times. Depends on distance from camera how much/if motion is captured. I use to check that all are in and settled before the door closes and to insure the door opens in the AM. Videos are stored on the web, Cloud, I assume, thru their app at a yearly cost. Forgot how much it is. I have been able to detect raccoons, possums, cats, deer and a couple of woodchucks when set up outside. They are weather proof and do well out in the open.

I too use the Ring cameras. Costco had them 3 in a package for $250.00. They are battery powered and use WiFi. Can be connected to regular electric current or solar with adapters. My batteries have been lasting about 5 to 6 weeks before recharge needed. Noticed they did last longer in the spring when there was not as much movement in the coop. Night vision is good but they are lacking in motion capture at times. Depends on distance from camera how much/if motion is captured. I use to check that all are in and settled before the door closes and to insure the door opens in the AM. Videos are stored on the web, Cloud, I assume, thru their app at a yearly cost. Forgot how much it is. I have been able to detect raccoons, possums, cats, deer and a couple of woodchucks when set up outside. They are weather proof and do well out in the open.
Are you able to see the feed live? Or on your phone?

Back
Top Bottom