Recommendations on incubators

DebD

Songster
10 Years
Jul 8, 2012
Shenandoah Valley
Hi! We're looking to purchase an incubator for up to a dozen eggs at a time. Up to $150 cost. Would prefer forced fan and auto egg turner. There are so many out there and they are all "highly" rated by someone. Styrofoam Hovabators seem very popular but wondering about durability. Which incubators do you recommend and why? TIA for your help in advance! Ya'll have been so helpful in the past. :love

I have a hovabator. It does the job and it's durable so far. I've had it a few years and it's still going strong. Mine is forced air. Get the upgraded turner though.

I have been incubating eggs in two Little Giants (Styrofoam) for more than seven years and they still work as when I first got them. I do store them in the original box when they are not in use. I also upgraded to the forced air and one of them has the auto turner. The other is used primarily as the brooder.
I also recently purchased a hovabator Genesis 1588 (also Styrofoam) and I like it better.

I have the harris farms nurture right 360. It is amazing. I have done 3 hatches 90% hatch rate or higher. It holds 22 eggs. Eggs lay on side like they would In nature they roll every hour to mimic a mother hen. Has countdown till hatch display button as well as temp and humidity. To add water is easy and done where you never have to open the machine. The readout display has been 100% spot on. I have incubated bantam and standard eggs. This model will not accommodate large eggs unless you want to hand turn and the lid is cumbersome. But it has caused no real issue. The viewing window is amazing allowing not only you to see the baby chicks but them to see you. I absolutely endorse this model. I want a second but only place you can buy them is at tractor supply and they are all sold out right now at least in my area

Back
Top Bottom