Recommended Hatcheries

Ordering from one as close to you as possible would be my recommendation...

I’ve done mail order chicks a long time ago and all went well... but these days I’d prefer to drive to a local Hatchery and pick them up.
One of the reasons I ordered from the hackery I used was because it was in the same state as me. Plus they claim to be raising purebred cayuga's ducks.

I had positive results from Welp and Meyers. I am not going to list who I had negative results from because it is possible the malfunction was on my end. Although I will say that Ideal sent me the wrong breeds however they openly admit that they will do that because of shortages and surpluses and what they replace your birds with are of equal quality (example I got production reds instead of production whites). I knew that before I ordered and even if I didn't know it I have to admit that is my fault because its spelled out on their website.

I’ve only ordered shipped chicks once, just last week! I ordered from The Chick Hatchery and was very pleased, though I don’t yet know sex, long term health, etc. We had a broody silkie who’s eggs failed to hatch, so I was desperate for a small order of chicks that could be rushed fast as she’d lost a lot of weight from setting. I also wanted only Rispens Marek’s vaccinated chicks as we have a bad Marek’s strain. Finally, I was hoping for chicks of less usual breeds. I like doing everything online if possible, so that’s how I ordered etc. The Chick Hatchery had great customer service by email; they answered questions and sent the tracking number very promptly and competently. We ordered three Favorelles and three blue Ameraucana pullets. They sent an extra Favorelle. My post office let me pick up chicks at 3:30 AM when the truck arrived. Altogether, chicks only traveled about 36 hr and arrived in good shape, with a heat pack and green hydration goo that they had eaten. I’ve had a little bit of pasty butt, but it responded to water with electrolytes and probiotics, plus cleaning as needed. I’ve had them for five days now and they look healthy and vigorous.

I had positive results from Welp and Meyers. I am not going to list who I had negative results from because it is possible the malfunction was on my end. Although I will say that Ideal sent me the wrong breeds however they openly admit that they will do that because of shortages and surpluses and what they replace your birds with are of equal quality (example I got production reds instead of production whites). I knew that before I ordered and even if I didn't know it I have to admit that is my fault because its spelled out on their website.

I really don't like that policy were they substitute breeds. I don't care if they are the same value or even more expensive. I would only be happy with exactly what I ordered.

I really don't like that policy were they substitute breeds. I don't care if they are the same value or even more expensive. I would only be happy with exactly what I ordered.
I think they may have updated the policy at Ideal. I placed my order a couple months ago and I think there was a box you had check to approve substitutions.

Back
Top Bottom