Recovered Call Duck Eggs

Blaine1999

In the Brooder
Oct 21, 2022
Hello, I hope you’re all well. Sadly early morning of yesterday my call duck Hope was killed by a predator in the garden. She was doing very well nesting on her eggs, Luckily all eight eggs were safely recovered and I checked that four of them are fully developed but I have lost track in days of the incubation period on how long Hope was resting on them.

Any Tips?

Hello, I hope you’re all well. Sadly early morning of yesterday my call duck Hope was killed by a predator in the garden. She was doing very well nesting on her eggs, Luckily all eight eggs were safely recovered and I checked that four of them are fully developed but I have lost track in days of the incubation period on how long Hope was resting on them.

Any Tips?
Are you incubating them, because they need to be incubated. Also can you give a photo of some of the eggs while candling them. I might be able to say what day the development is in. I do need to warn you that call duck eggs will very regularly need help getting out due to their tiny necks not being able to fully pip and zip around the egg.

Yeah they’re in the incubator now, it’s three that are nearly ready. Yeah I’ve had that experience before having to help the call ducks out of the egg.

IMG_2862.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2864.jpeg
    IMG_2864.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2866.jpeg
    IMG_2866.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom