Recovery for Agnes

OkieB

Songster
Dec 9, 2017
I am posting about one of my fave pullets, Agnes. She is a 7 month old Buckeye. One of my dogs accidentally rolled her up at 4 weeks, broke her foot, I nursed her back to health then.

Now she is fighting a respiratory infection, which according to my vet is most likely Mycoplasma Gallisepticum.
She has been on a round of lincomycin & is now taking Tetracycline via water. I am feeding her boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, oatmeal, 18% crumbles and some scratch. She is where she can free roam with my 5 silkies. She is very thin and still has nasal discharge and eye bubbles and swelling.

I am desperate to save her! Can anyone think of anything else that I can provide to ensure her recovery?

Thanks in advance!

20181026_135715.jpg

I have a thin hen. She has some type of crop problem. It’s getting better, but she’s still really thin. I have been giving her a mixture of egg (protein), nutridrench (digestive support), molasses (energy), and water through a tube going directly into her crop. You don’t have to use the tube, she’ll probably just drink it. I would also give her electrolytes and maybe some bread soaked in water or egg.

I have a thin hen. She has some type of crop problem. It’s getting better, but she’s still really thin. I have been giving her a mixture of egg (protein), nutridrench (digestive support), molasses (energy), and water through a tube going directly into her crop. You don’t have to use the tube, she’ll probably just drink it. I would also give her electrolytes and maybe some bread soaked in water or egg.
Interesting. Can you elaborate on how much Nutridrench and Molasses? And can I give the electrolytes in the same water as the Tetracycline? Also, I have some Poly Vi Sol, would a couple drops of it help?

Interesting. Can you elaborate on how much Nutridrench and Molasses? And can I give the electrolytes in the same water as the Tetracycline? Also, I have some Poly Vi Sol, would a couple drops of it help?
The vet told me to use about 5 cc nutridrench, I just put a little bit in, maybe like half a teaspoon? I’m not sure about giving it at the same time as tetracycline but i think it would probably be ok. Or you can give it in the morning and the mix in the evening or however you want to do it. I would think that Poly Vi Sol wouldn’t hurt. I use these electrolytes:
E7A54FEE-4945-4C86-8E9E-F53631F3B0E1.png
You can get them at tractor supply, you don’t have to order it.

The vet told me to use about 5 cc nutridrench, I just put a little bit in, maybe like half a teaspoon? I’m not sure about giving it at the same time as tetracycline but i think it would probably be ok. Or you can give it in the morning and the mix in the evening or however you want to do it. I would think that Poly Vi Sol wouldn’t hurt. I use these electrolytes:
View attachment 1571725 You can get them at tractor supply, you don’t have to order it.
Great info. I have the exact same electrolytes!

Back
Top Bottom