Red Foxes! How do I get rid of them?

A LGD will take care of your chickens keeping then safe from all types of predators. To be most effective they must live outside. I have 3 at the moment and they are the best for keeping my animals safe. The fox runs like greased lightening past our house LOL

Our coop is secure our pen isn't we're working on that now.
Okay, I highly suggest NOT USING COIL TRAPS! It is trout to leave an animal in that, and can hurt them badly to have a spring loaded trap snap on there foot. It can break there legs and it isn't humane at all. Trapping and killing sounds like an easy solution ro a big problem, but it isn't fair to the animal at all. I am really sorry if I seemrude, I don't want to be, but please understand my point of view and think and see if there is a better solution. I apologize in advance for being harsh.

Last edited:
Okay, I highly suggest NOT USING COIL TRAPS! It si your fault they are killing your birds and the fox will only suffer being trapped in a coil trap! Those traps are brutal and break the foxes foot! NO animal deserves that! You need to secure you run, it is only YOUR Fault this is happening DO NOT USE CIOLS! I BEG you! NOTHING deserves to be killed that way! It is selfless and wrong. I am really sorry if I seem angry or rude, I don't want to be, but please understand my point of view and think and see if there is a better solution. I apologies in advance for being harsh.
Your lack of knowledge and experience is astounding. You really need to stop until you actually know what you’re talking about. It’s not fair to the people you’re offering advice to.

I agree with you always! You have the same idea I have. I am assuming you also agree with my notorious thighs on coils? They are horrible! NOTHING DESERVES THAT! It is only the OPS fault this is happening because the run isn't secure. NOT the foxes. Please listen
Coil spring traps are perfectly fine when sized correctly for the target species. Many have padded jaws and or jaws that are laminated. All kinds of wildlife have been trapped using these traps to reintroduce animals by wildlife biologists.
Again you’re totally wrong and offering opinions.

Back
Top Bottom