Red Golden guestion-

poultrylady

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Delano, Tn.
I have a pair of the red goldens that I have had for about a year. I recently bought 3 more hens from a friend who lost his male. The 3 new hens are in a seperate pen. My husband just built me a new pheasant pen for them, it is a really nice 8x17 foot pen. Anyway I am wondering if these birds will all get along, I am thinking since they will all be going into a large new pen they should be ok. I was really wanting to put a few more in the new pen, maybe another pair, I know someone who wants to sell a pair at a really good price. Would this be a good idea or would the two males fight? Maybe I should just stick with the male and 4 hens I have?

The 2 males maybe okay seems there are plenty of hens.But if you seperate the 2 males with a few hens each you will know which chicks are related and which ones are not.I would also switch males as the pairs you have may be related,if you switch them you know they are not related,well hope they are not.If you do seperate them and hatch chicks,remember to band which chicks are from which breeders.Then you can sell off unrelated birds.
in N.H.,Tony.

Thanks Tony, I have always wondered if my male and female might be related since I bought them from a man who raises them. I believe I will buy the other pair and exchange the males, I didn't think about doing that.

Back
Top Bottom