Red Got Away :(

3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
I was transporting Red to the bachelor coop, he struggled and caught his claws in my knitted gloves. I was shifting him around to free him and to save my gloves from being torn and he managed to rip himself out of my arms.

Unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough to grab him again and he went under the rail fence into the woods.

We left the light on at the back step in hope that he'll move towards the light and settle somewhere we can catch him before we go to bed. Otherwise I'll see if he shows up in the morning. :(

Can you spot him? If not, crow like a rooster. That should offend him causing him to click, so you can locate him easily.

When I get runaways, I'll trap them. You take a little bit of fencing, and corner it against something so you can chase him in. Be ready with your hands down to snatch him when he runs back your way. On a rooster, have a hen in a cage inside your trap might help.

Can you spot him? If not, crow like a rooster. That should offend him causing him to click, so you can locate him easily.

When I get runaways, I'll trap them. You take a little bit of fencing, and corner it against something so you can chase him in. Be ready with your hands down to snatch him when he runs back your way. On a rooster, have a hen in a cage inside your trap might help.

I can't get into the brushpile on the other side of the fence.

He'll either show up or he won't. I hope he will, but he was being transported because I'd decided to give Green undisputed reign over the Blue Australorps. It was getting a bit too rowdy in the coop with Ludwig and 2 junior cockerels with 20 girls.

I can't get into the brushpile on the other side of the fence.

He'll either show up or he won't. I hope he will, but he was being transported because I'd decided to give Green undisputed reign over the Blue Australorps. It was getting a bit too rowdy in the coop with Ludwig and 2 junior cockerels with 20 girls.
Is he of age? If so, grab your noisyest hen and hold her by the feet upside down to get her sqwaking. (It's ok to hold them upside down like that. Large scale people do it all the time.) Your rooster SHOULD come running to the rescue. Then you'll have him.

Is he of age? If so, grab your noisyest hen and hold her by the feet upside down to get her sqwaking. (It's ok to hold them upside down like that. Large scale people do it all the time.) Your rooster SHOULD come running to the rescue. Then you'll have him.

He's 18 weeks old and not *quite* as advanced in maturity as Green, who was dancing for the girls today even though he's larger.

At this point I'm hoping he's secure in that brush pile and will show up in the morning.

He's 18 weeks old and not *quite* as advanced in maturity as Green, who was dancing for the girls today even though he's larger.

At this point I'm hoping he's secure in that brush pile and will show up in the morning.
Ok. Will he come for treats?

Back
Top Bottom