bambambird

In the Brooder
Jan 31, 2022
I was changing my duck’s diaper tonight and I noticed some red in the diaper. I have not noticed this before. This is the first time. He’s been acting normal and happy otherwise. Is this cause for concern? I’m very worried!

Attachments

• 801C15BE-6EC2-4EDE-86C9-C5BABAFBDD45.jpeg
    801C15BE-6EC2-4EDE-86C9-C5BABAFBDD45.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 6
  • CB6980E2-85A8-4C16-B9D5-C8C0E51BF51D.jpeg
    CB6980E2-85A8-4C16-B9D5-C8C0E51BF51D.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 3
What did he eat today ?
If I give my ducks watermelon they poo red but the whole poo is red not just a tiny spec
If I give them peas it’s green ect
But I do see that one little dot of red that seems out of place
Hopefully others will come on to help

What did he eat today ?
If I give my ducks watermelon they poo red but the whole poo is red not just a tiny spec
If I give them peas it’s green ect
But I do see that one little dot of red that seems out of place
Hopefully others will come on to help
I realized I never responded to this. Thank you for the response! We wound up taking him to the vet. He had no parasites but she said that he did have some bacteria other than just rods that’s normally found in bird poop. He was put on an antibiotic for a week and had no more bloody stools. I also reduced the amount of calcium in his diet because I read that excess calcium can cause digestive issues. But it was probably the antibiotic that did the trick!

I realized I never responded to this. Thank you for the response! We wound up taking him to the vet. He had no parasites but she said that he did have some bacteria other than just rods that’s normally found in bird poop. He was put on an antibiotic for a week and had no more bloody stools. I also reduced the amount of calcium in his diet because I read that excess calcium can cause digestive issues. But it was probably the antibiotic that did the trick!
So glad you were able to correct it
With meds
This may help others in the future as well

Back
Top Bottom