Red jelly like substance in poop? Please help!

Isyovi

Songster
Apr 13, 2020
The Netherlands
So i found this in the poop of my turkeys, i know this is the wrong page for it but i thaught it may be similar with chickens. It looks a bit like jelly or tissue like. We were planning to deworm them but maybe this confirms we really need to do it. We just got them 3 days ago.
20201222_163037.jpg

20201222_163041.jpg

So i found this in the poop of my turkeys, i know this is the wrong page for it but i thaught it may be similar with chickens. It looks a bit like jelly or tissue like. We were planning to deworm them but maybe this confirms we really need to do it. We just got them 3 days ago.
View attachment 2459602
View attachment 2459604
I believe that is a symptom of coccidiosis.

I would treat for possible coccidiosis with Corid, and deworm them with Valbazen or SafeGuard. If you could get a local vet to do a fecal float on the droppings to diagnose worms or coccidiosis, that might get right to the diagnosis.

I would treat for possible coccidiosis with Corid, and deworm them with Valbazen or SafeGuard. If you could get a local vet to do a fecal float on the droppings to diagnose worms or coccidiosis, that might get right to the diagnosis.
We are taking the droppings to the vet tomorrow. We have had a coccidosis experience with our chickens but that looked different from this that's why i thought worms or other parasites. We will hear from the vet tomorrow what it was and i will update it here. 😁

I've recently had the same problem. It started out being intestinal lining, then turned into deep red blobs. I saw this happen daily for a month like clockwork. I gave Corid and nothing changed. Then I wormed with Pyrantel Pamoate and the blobs disappeared a few days later and haven't returned yet.

I've recently had the same problem. It started out being intestinal lining, then turned into deep red blobs. I saw this happen daily for a month like clockwork. I gave Corid and nothing changed. Then I wormed with Pyrantel Pamoate and the blobs disappeared a few days later and haven't returned yet.
Now i really want to know what it is 🤔

View attachment 2459602
View attachment 2459604
Looks like my chicks poo right now. I'm told they have coccidiosis

Looks like my chicks poo right now. I'm told they have coccidiosis
so this morning i found some worms in their poop, so i didn't even have to get their poop checked. we had the right medicine for them already at home so we are treating our turkeys and chickens, just to be sure. thanks for your help!

so this morning i found some worms in their poop, so i didn't even have to get their poop checked. we had the right medicine for them already at home so we are treating our turkeys and chickens, just to be sure. thanks for your help!
Alright.

I guess I spoke too early. I went to the coop this morning and found two piles of poop with the red blobs in them. I too had found roundworms in their poo previously so I do know at least one of them had worms. Today was the scheduled day for 2nd re-worming so I gave them all some more Pyrantel.

I don't know what to think or do about mine now. Let me know how yours goes.

Back
Top Bottom