Red jelly like substance in poop? Please help!

I can't go to the vet and spend hundreds of dollars on a $15 chicken. They all seem happy and healthy as can be at this point and they are all laying everyday now.

Tumors have crossed my mind as it seems to only be one chicken.

Amprolium resistant coccidia has been another thought since I found this pic of an infected cecal pouch:

I was kinda thinking if so, the brains looking flesh in the top of the pic is being shed when a cecal poop happens sometimes because it kinda looks like a few pieces of that material. Just a guess though but wouldn't they all have this problem instead of one chicken?

Right now I'm giving a course of Copper Sulfate. So far the blobs haven't returned but they seem to plop out around the 3rd or 4th day so I guess I'll know in a few days.
You can treat her with that, but if it doesn't really help you can maybe just wait and see what happens? Maybe it is some type of intestinal lining (never had any experience with that so i don't really know). I hope the copper sulfate will help though, keep me updated!

I've actually been dealing with these red blobs off and on since 10/03/20. Nobody has died yet or even appeared sick other than the blobs. Some of them quit laying for a short period but that is normal for winter time and I had one molt. It isn't intestinal lining since I've seen my fair share of that, but it is possible it started out as being intestinal lining and morphed into that. I do have a reoccuring problem with roundworms so there is that.

I have treated with Corid. Tried garlic water. Neither worked. De-wormed with Pyrantel twice, each time repeated 10 days later. The de-worming seemed to work the longest but the blobs came back.

When I do find them, the blobs are in a waterish poo with mostly urates and a few red blobs. Look just like little jelly beans. Never any solid poop with the blobs unlike intestinal lining. I don't have my own pic of poo but the little red blobs looks just like this pic.

Anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom