Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

Quote:
LOL perhaps I could just e-mail him then ??? hehehehehe. I do honey do's when I see fit and the rewards out wiegh the work.

AL

Quote:
fl.gif
Best wishes for a great hatch .
fl.gif

They're looking good Katy ; the CX crosses are quite a bit bigger than the ones that are obviously Ameraucana X Speckled Sussex mixes . I do have a couple of blue chicks and one blue and red patterned chick that are almost keeping up with the whites .

Yesterday I collected more eggs than I had been for this month . I'm still waiting for those slow DCs to get interested in the girls . They were crowing and pugnacious when they first arrived . I'm sure they were used to softer living before I got them LOL . Now they are a bit subdued by the temperatures , my coop is completely open to the south and night time temps in there have dropped to the single digits on several nights .

My 3 , late Nov hatched chicks are now running in the same pen with the older birds and doing OK ; they huddle in a nest box by themselves at night . However several of my single combed birds suffered frostbitten comb tips . [ That's one reason I'm breeding for pea combs . ]

My bator is getting restless , sure wish I had some fertile eggs
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom