Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

Here they are!!! Here's my Six Katy Birds.
big_smile.png
Mostly males, what do you guys think?

Big Blue (Boy?)
SAM_1300.jpg

Big Red (Boy?)
SAM_1316.jpg

Spot (Boy?)
SAM_1311.jpg

Dotty (Girl?)
SAM_1320.jpg

Choco (Girl?)
SAM_1304.jpg

Rusty (Boy????)
SAM_1305.jpg

And a pic for size comparison; (Delaware mix chick hatched same day)
SAM_1322.jpg

SAM_1329.jpg

Last edited:
So did I miss something here........................ What are these birds everyone is refering to and showing pic's of. Fill me in I feel lost.

AL

Quote:
I'll say they look great, I am excited to see their progress throughout their growth, I hope you keep a growth journal for us. I got rid of all my project meat birds to a friend who lives close by. He is going to take over raising the parent stock and begin to raise them in the numbers we want for mass sale. So I am down to just one breed and of course you all know which one that is LOL. I am going to really buckle down and work with these exclusively, Only the Whites and WLR's though. I am getting some good hatches this year and the quality I am getting is better than expected, so that's assuring.

AL

Quote:
I'll say they look great, I am excited to see their progress throughout their growth, I hope you keep a growth journal for us. I got rid of all my project meat birds to a friend who lives close by. He is going to take over raising the parent stock and begin to raise them in the numbers we want for mass sale. So I am down to just one breed and of course you all know which one that is LOL. I am going to really buckle down and work with these exclusively, Only the Whites and WLR's though. I am getting some good hatches this year and the quality I am getting is better than expected, so that's assuring.

AL

Great to hear!
thumbsup.gif
I have been following your threads and taking notes!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I buckled down too. Got rid of my layer project, wish I could of kept it but only have room for one real project.
Lost one of my really big perfect roos to the fox, have two of his babies and two breeding pens going.

Of course Al we all know you're the man with the cornish . . . but you better be careful I may decide I want some and break out the big bucks! I'm telling you I'm coming to OK this year . . . and I'm expecting a BBQ
big_smile.png

no points for photography for me
roll.png

These are 10 days old. I put the quart mason jar there for size, but then they wouldn't stand up straight darn birds. But you can see that they are beginning to feather well and if they stand upright their heads are at the top of the jar. They are easily weighing what my CX did at ten days so we'll see where it goes from here. I think these crosses are going to get too big too fast. But we'll see.

19992_f5_002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom