Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

I have raised the freedom rangers, they ate what seemed less and on 20% ration but it took alot longer to get to butcher size than what they claim. They were OK for taste but I wont raise them again mainly because of cost the chicks are spendy and you have to feed them longer which means more cost of course and the carcass does not compare to the cornish cross.

there isn't much on this thread about FR's but just do a search, there have been several side by side comparisons in the last year that were very informative..

Quote:
OK, Here's the cure.
Two times a day pick him by the neck while you are outside doing what ever, in a nice calm voice, while you're carrying him around with you, tell him how you had such high aspirations for him and that if he doesn't get his act together ... you will snap his neck. Then put him down and kick him in the butt as hard as you can.
Within a couple of days when he sees you coming he will stand back and salute.

thumbsup.gif

Joe

lol, I would loose either my hand or my leg in that process & even if I did manage to get him by the neck it would snap under his weight. Appreciate the thought, but he's gonna go
roll.png

Quote:
OK, Here's the cure.
Two times a day pick him by the neck while you are outside doing what ever, in a nice calm voice, while you're carrying him around with you, tell him how you had such high aspirations for him and that if he doesn't get his act together ... you will snap his neck. Then put him down and kick him in the butt as hard as you can.
Within a couple of days when he sees you coming he will stand back and salute.

thumbsup.gif

Joe

cool.png
My kinda Motovation, When I enter the coop each day for chores and as I putter about I give them a stern talking to, they always seem to get the hint.
And I lecture them during all the chores, it can be quite humorous, and most of the time they are trying to get their point accross LOL.

AL

Quote:
While I personally have chosen to break birds of displaying aggression towards me ; I believe that the choice to cull such individuals is argueably the wiser thing to do in regards to developing any line of chickens . If my efforts to curb a bird's tendency to challenge me in the pen still left me with a bird that was untrustworthy , I would dispatch it in a heartbeat ; I support your decision Katy .

you guys are too funny, thanks steve
smile.png

really I have tried for the last month to get him to back down. My nest boxes are set so I don't have to go in the pens to get the eggs, he even goes after me when I stick my hand in to take those. He really is getting worse daily. I have to take boards (like hog boards) to get through his pen any more, thank heavens he's too heavy to fly.

I agree completely he needs to go. Any bird that can deliver that kind of damage is one to be respected. Then tack on his lack of respect for you and you've got a situation on your hands. Its just too bad because he sounds like he's really something. Did you get anything out of him? I'm curious to see if that temperament was passed on to his offspring.

Back
Top Bottom