Red Lined Crack in pipping chick

Prophecyx1

Songster
7 Years
Jan 17, 2016
Georgia
On the second to last day of incubation. Half seemed to have pip at the wrong end for some reason... Not too big of a worry though I dont know why. Until I saw this one. Its hard to see in photo but the crack is lined with red, like it hit a vessel. Should I not expect a good outcome for it?
20230923_002629.jpg
20230923_002642.jpg

On the second to last day of incubation. Half seemed to have pip at the wrong end for some reason... Not too big of a worry though I dont know why. Until I saw this one. Its hard to see in photo but the crack is lined with red, like it hit a vessel. Should I not expect a good outcome for it?View attachment 3642978View attachment 3642979
It might have hit a blood vessel while pipping and bleed out, hopefully it's still alive and well only waiting for the blood to dry

It might have hit a blood vessel while pipping and bleed out, hopefully it's still alive and well only waiting for the blood to dry
Little one is still alive! It has dried up much more, and pipped a bit more so I can see the shell. Anxiety reduced. Also, any opinion on the eggs with pips being turned upside down by the other soccer players?

It might have been a thick shell and the chick wacked it really hard and it split - the chick might have a little trouble hatching so keep a close eye on it.
At what point do I help? Ive done it before, with some success, some not. My largest hurdle is the when. I still have other pips, that are newer and I dont want to open the incubator too much. Do I just wait until no more pips, and onky hatched chicks, and then help if needed, where its needed?

It might have been a thick shell and the chick wacked it really hard and it split - the chick might have a little trouble hatching so keep a close eye on it.
Im down to the last two eggs. Both pipped. One looks normal the other looks like this.. any opinions? Not sure how long its been pipped. Definitely still alive. @Gigachad poultry
16955695077036304103750443666110.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom