Red Mites Help

I was wondering if you ever found a solution? I, too bought chickens that had Everything. Red mites, lice, Respiratory issues, Northern fowl mites, coccidiosis, worms, and probably everything else. I have built a new coop, used 7 dust, Permetherin dust, DE, permethrin concentrated 10% AND 38.7 % used ACV, Oil, Garlic bath, and been alternating the two Permethrins every week for 8 weeks, every 7 days. I didn't see any mites on the chickens but today in the run, I grabbed a handful of dirt from the bottom of my dog pen (that I use for a shelter and part of the run) and in one handful I bet I saw 10 red mites. I had my chickens for 4 months before I even knew it. I am new, first ones. Something that was supposed to bring me joy has caused me misery not counting over $1000.00. She saw me coming and screwed me good. I am at my wits end. I have cleaned out my coops, I have two, everytime and started from bottom up, even pouring glasses full aound the perimeter of coops, run and outside. Please let me know, I know this is an old post but I NEED HELP!
Can you get some photos of the mites and the chickens?

Ouch the coop was £500 each.
Hi I was the same as you with red mites a simple solution that works,put double sided tape on the end of the perches make sure the hens don’t stick to it,do this for 6days change the tape every day, and brush and clean the perches you’ll be amazed how many mites you get, hope this helps it has for me. Kath

Back
Top Bottom