red/purple poop

laurie9503

Chirping
Jun 27, 2011
This was on the window sill where the girls like to sit this morning. The piece of wood is about 3 inches across, to give you an idea of how large this is. It appears that someone poops very watery-purply-reddish poop. They have been eating blueberries. But, still I'm concerned it could be something else causing blood in the stool. I watched the least active, sleepy bird (buff orpington) this morning. She vigorously ate the worms and yogurt I offered. She pooped a normal poop in front of me.

97798_img_1804.jpg

Last edited:
It does look like berry poop to me.....but I would be kind of alarmed too. I think you're doing right by keeping your eye out.....Just the other day, I hung out my sheets, which are white, on the clothes line, and a bird pooped purple poop right on my pillow case! DARN!

I'll bet it's just from the berries.

It's berry poop! Give them red cabbage and you'll see brilliant purple. BTW, when they eat a lot of fruit, the poos will be runnier. Also, in this heat they should be drinking a lot of water and the manure will be wetter. Don't worry!

thanks for the feedback. turns out it was blueberries because everyone is super healthy and happy after a week. It was a full moon last night, and I've been continuing the garlic pearls and yogurt for everyone, also a little apple cider vinegar in their mush treat. All to improve digestive health and prevent parasites.

Back
Top Bottom