Red Pyle Silkies

KoriSAF

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 6, 2012
I am fairly new to the silkie world, but am learning fast, and man is there a lot to learn. I am very thankful the for the years of breeding awards winning Egyptian Arabians, and Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to help me understand genetics to the depth that I do!

There is however info that I am looking for, that I am having a hard time finding, and not having a large amount of luck researching about, and that is the Red Pyle Silkie. I am very intrigued by this color variety, and the pictures that I have seen, and would love to know more about them. Does anyone know anything about the genetics behind this variety, the colors behind them, what to breed them to, how they were founded, ect.? Also does anyone know of anyone who breeds, and shows them? I have found two breeders that do, but I am looking for, and I am very interested in starting a project pen of them in my flock.

If anyone has any info, positive or negative, or advice, I would so greatly appreciate it! Thanks a million guys! :)

Kori

I don;t know of anyone currently breeding them. They have always been a bit of a hit and miss. I had a few, but haven't had any for a long time. With all the paint breeding, some might start showing up....

Back
Top Bottom