Red Ranger Chickens

I know this is an older threat, but I just put a RIR in with my Red Rangers. This is what they look like.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see what you get
1f44d.png

I have some 3 weeks old, I have some slower growth broilers as well at 11 weeks which are 2.5kg now, I'm keeping 4 hens and 2 cockerels back.
I will be putting these cockerels over the Ranger hens and also trying Cornish over both types to compare.

have been raising red rangers for laying hens for a long time and wouldn't change..not only are they the best proportioned meat chicken they lay one large and I mean large brown egg everyday per hen and all are double yolk..it does take them about 6 mnths to reach maturity to start laying and the first couple eggs are soft shelled and small but when you see this its all down hill..within about a week the eggs get bigger and bigger.and any people that have had medical issues with red rangers is probably due to over crowding and sanitation issues since red rangers are one of the most disease resistant and hearty chickens they are even if they are free range or kept in a coupe they thrive when treated right in any condition or temp..

I didn't keep any Red Rangers last year. I was hoping to get more this year but our grain store only had Freedom rangers this year. We kept back 2 hens and a Rooster. They are so very sweet even the Roo is! Hoping they survive our winter and our GLWs (which i will not buy again nasty to other birds nd not too friendly with us either). The two FR girls LuLu and Suzy even play with our grandkids!!

Looking forward to see what we get in the spring!! Wish all who love these birds the very best raising them!!

I have Red Rangers they are 7mo old and pretty great layers! They definitley eat their fair share! I actually just hathed a batch of their babies and they are doin great and growing fast. No issues with legs and they free range.

Let me tell you! I love these birds! we have 7 red rangers and they are the best layers, even better then my rhode island red. I even have a hen as of two days ago start to go broody. I am so excited, its like i am the one having babies! lol we free range ours and they are not gaining weight too fast and so far have had no problems.

I have a 18 months old red ranger and she is a monster. The rooster die at 5months old so will cross other breed with her this fall.

I know this is an old thread, but I have eggs in the incubator. The rooster is Red ranger and the 5 hens are Red Rangers. Of the 12 eggs, 4 were infertile and the reat were candled and showed development. They should hatch 06 September. I will pots pic when they hatch and document the progress amd see what comes of this.

Back
Top Bottom