1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Red Sex Link hen crossed with Black Silkie rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Frizzlett98, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    I have a Red Sex Link hen named Dove, who just started laying (For me. Not her first time laying). I also have a black Silkie rooster named Leonard, and he has been doing the "mating dance" ,but not actually doing the duty, for 5 days now. He started crowing 2 days ago as well. Leonard REALLY likes Dove and I'm wondering if anyone has ever crossed these two breeds. I want to see pictures of the cross but I can't find any. Leonard is almost a standard size Silkie. Big enough for Dove lol.

2. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

The chicken calculator can help you. The calculator in the link has options for the silkie feathering, walnut comb, etc. Just hover over the different variables at the bottom to see what they are about.

Basically you'll get a 50% black and 50% white birds with variations on comb.

3. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by