Red Sex Link

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MimiChicken, Mar 9, 2008.

1. MimiChicken

MimiChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Halls Crossroads, TN
    I just took a chance and ordered Red Sex Link. I have one Black Sex Link and she's a trooper. Hardly a day, even this winter, when there wasn't a beautiful big brown egg waiting for me.
    How about the production of Red Sex Links? Will I be happy with these gals?:eek:

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Production from the red sexlinks are about the same as the black sexlinks.
    You'll like them. [​IMG]

3. southernsibe

southernsibe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2007
    kensington, maryland
    I have one redsex link hen. She lays great, and is by far the most mellow laid back of all the chickens. When I am outside she comes over and sits on my foot until I pick her up. My kids adore her. She lets them pick her up and will sit forever in their laps.
    Just my 0.02
    Rachel

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I love my red stars. I dont know who has been laying for me but its an egg a day from my girls

5. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    Red Stars are great chickens! My girls are great layers and really friendly. Here they are: [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  6. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    My red-sex links came from Ideal and are awesome. I have 25 hens and I get between 20-25 eggs a day. Pretty awesome, huh? I have been really impressed with Ideal as well. [​IMG]

7. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    My cousin has about 8 Red Star hens and 1 Red Star Roo. Here are some current pictures of them. They are just over 1 year old and laying like crazy. She gets large brown eggs from them every day. They are the best layers she has in her flock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by