Red vent, poopy butt, unsure if its gleet

marybeth111

In the Brooder
Aug 23, 2020
Hi. I have read so much information today my head is going to explode. My hands bottom is moderately red, lots of poop stuck to her butt. Gave her a bath. But everything I need to isolate her. She is still in the fenced area with the other girls, but in her own separate little kennel. A great resource told me to give her plain yogurt and wheat germ. I have put apple cider vinegar in her water. I pulled up her layer feed for right now to get her to eat the mash. She has been laying eggs and acting normally. She is eight months old. I am brand new at this. Also, should I think about getting an antifungal cream, even though I don’t really know what I’m treating? I want to do right by my girl. Not sure what else to do. Any thoughts would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Hi. I have read so much information today my head is going to explode. My hands bottom is moderately red, lots of poop stuck to her butt. Gave her a bath. But everything I need to isolate her. She is still in the fenced area with the other girls, but in her own separate little kennel. A great resource told me to give her plain yogurt and wheat germ. I have put apple cider vinegar in her water. I pulled up her layer feed for right now to get her to eat the mash. She has been laying eggs and acting normally. She is eight months old. I am brand new at this. Also, should I think about getting an antifungal cream, even though I don’t really know what I’m treating? I want to do right by my girl. Not sure what else to do. Any thoughts would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
Please forgive the fact that I obviously did not proofread this before I hit post.

Back
Top Bottom