Red vent, poopy butt, unsure if its gleet

marybeth111

In the Brooder
Aug 23, 2020
Hi. I have read so much information today my head is going to explode. My hands bottom is moderately red, lots of poop stuck to her butt. Gave her a bath. But everything I need to isolate her. She is still in the fenced area with the other girls, but in her own separate little kennel. A great resource told me to give her plain yogurt and wheat germ. I have put apple cider vinegar in her water. I pulled up her layer feed for right now to get her to eat the mash. She has been laying eggs and acting normally. She is eight months old. I am brand new at this. Also, should I think about getting an antifungal cream, even though I don’t really know what I’m treating? I want to do right by my girl. Not sure what else to do. Any thoughts would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

marybeth111

In the Brooder
Aug 23, 2020
Hi. I have read so much information today my head is going to explode. My hands bottom is moderately red, lots of poop stuck to her butt. Gave her a bath. But everything I need to isolate her. She is still in the fenced area with the other girls, but in her own separate little kennel. A great resource told me to give her plain yogurt and wheat germ. I have put apple cider vinegar in her water. I pulled up her layer feed for right now to get her to eat the mash. She has been laying eggs and acting normally. She is eight months old. I am brand new at this. Also, should I think about getting an antifungal cream, even though I don’t really know what I’m treating? I want to do right by my girl. Not sure what else to do. Any thoughts would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
Please forgive the fact that I obviously did not proofread this before I hit post.

Top Bottom