red x golden pheasants

bandbaustin

Crowing
13 Years
May 21, 2009
Valparaiso, IN
I am just making sure my understanding is right. If I cross a yellow golden male with a red golden female, all the chicks will be red golden split yellow? Found my red golden male dead in the pen today and I do not have a spare. I do have a yellow golden male that I can put with the red golden hens, I am just looking to get red golden chicks.

a friend of mine received red golden chicks from the similar parents yellow golden male and red golden female , in fact i also have similar combination pair this season lets see what i am going to get , hope you have better luck

Crossing a male yellow with a golden hen will produce mostly golden chicks. some may be lighter color or buff. those will mature with a small amount of splash to them, but will be much lighter than the golden but darker than the yellow. the ghigi yellow is just a mutation of the golden so the golden will be the dominate color.

That's if the red goldens are pure and not crossed with anything else.If they are crossed(which most are)you will not kno until they color out.
In N.H.,Tony.

that's very true tony, when I replied to the question I just assumed they were somewhat pure.i do know that if you cross a mutation with the same species that that the color can change for the first couple years, but will always most likely change if not pure anytime.

Ringnecks will kill other ringnecks so I wouldn't trust them at all.Ecspecially if you want to add the golden to the ringnecks pen he will definetly kill the golden.
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom