Reducing Carcass Waste

The chicken stock is like jello after chilling just scrape off the fat that will rise to the top. Freeze it in freezer baggies in the portion size you want. This can be used for ANYTHING you want to add flavor and fat. So awesome on fresh cooked veggies you’ll never use butter again.

I was always told necks hearts gizzards and livers are food. my parents liked them so much I never got to taste that stuff as a kid! Other than livers, and that was because we got containers of livers from the store to cook and eat.... also we occasionally got beef liver, my dad was in weight watchers and in the late 70's and early 80's liver was required frequently in meals, I think it was weekly you had to have a meal of it...

I need to find a good recipe for chicken liver pate, I have a bag of them from the cockerels and I cannot stomach liver as-is, at least not beef liver. But I like braunschweiger, so pate ought to work.

Omgosh fry the liver just like fried chicken. Dredging it in flour with your favorite spices. I dip mine in buttermilk before I coat it in flour. I love it so much I can eat it cold. :love

Back
Top Bottom