Redwood Incubator - Leahy Favorite ARTICLE with Pic

Pics
bators01.jpg

I know there are people who would die for a good Lehy Red Wood Incubator Idid a few years ago and spent a ton of money getting it to my farm. However, time comes when you go to scale down and get smaller and I do not need this large a unit for my bantam flock any more. I can ship it by truck it will cost about $150. to go about 1000 miles.

Let me know if you are interested in it befor I put it on a auction bid site. Robert Blosl Silverill, ALabama 36576

Mine is a hatcher on the left and I have turned my eggs by hand for years not only great for chicken eggs but the incubator of choice today for bantam ducks because of the true insulation and give and take of humidity becasue of the Red Wood. Red Wood is the best wood a incuabotor can be made out of. bob

Last edited:
I had a fellow wanted me to ship it to him the frieght was about $150. When you order a sportsman incubator from Georgia you got to pay frieght for it as well got to see how much that would cost. bob

I would LOVE to purchase this as well. So close from the holidays has me a tad strapped though lol. A friend just aquired one of these and its a great unit.

I must have missed it, but which model is this? There is a guy here in CA that has a four tray Leahy and it is in pristine condition. He actually has two, one was used for parts. He wants $300 for both, I'm thinking of buying them.

I asked him the manufacturer and model. He told Leahy and Favorite, but that was it. When I asked how many drawers he said he thought it was four, I was hoping for at least six.

Any thoughts?

I sure do love mine , as I have , restored mine with orig. parts and insulation, but when i hatch a small batch I use my Genesis pre set styro incubator . Keith Bjelland

I'm crying while posting this too. I need to sell my Leahy Model 624. I'm hoping that no one wants this within driving range of northeastern Wisconsin. LOL Seriously for sale for $300. Perfect operating condition as most of the Leahy redwood incubators still do. I just bought a Humidaire Model 200 with auto turn and larger capacity for eggs. The Leahy is a bit too small for me now.

If you live with in two to four hunderd miles of you this would be a nice incubator to put in the back of your suv or pick up. They dont make these anymore and if they did they would cost about $1,500. bob

Back
Top Bottom