Redwood Incubators - Information, help, for sale and wanted

Pics
Is it normal that my 6 drawer Farm Master stays the same temp no matter where I put the thermometers? Well, within a 1/2 degree? Its not that I"m complaining, But I thought that the lowest drawer's temperature would be a little less than the middle & upper drawers. Its been 2 weeks now, I've put 3 drawers of eggs in, I even am chancing it with my goose eggs. I have a little temp issue the 1st week, and it got up to 102, I"m going to candle those eggs & see if they are ok or not. But for the past almost 2 weeks its been steady. I had to put a thick saddle blanket on the top, and that did the trick. It dosen't waver at all now, unless I open the door. I have a hi - low thermometer in it. I think the top was repaired, cause the wood does't look the same and maybe they took out the insulation in it. I can't think of any other reason that putting the blanket on the top makes it steady.

So, this weekend, I'm going to transfer the goose eggs I have in my house, into it...so fingers crossed they hatch. This is my first year with geese so I am a little nervous...

My first chicken egg hatch is next weekend so am excited to see how they do.

Just wanted to report to the group, & thanks for all your input.

Farm Master 400 egg incubator for sale. I just bought this locally to save it from destruction. I don't need a 400 egg incubator, nor one that can hatch ostrich and emu eggs, so I would love to see it go to a home where it will be put back in service.

Model 223.7851, includes water pans and four egg trays with turners. 100% original except wafer and switch bypassed with Honeywell thermostat that appears to be 50s or early 60s era.

Farm Master 400 egg incubator for sale. I just bought this locally to save it from destruction. I don't need a 400 egg incubator, nor one that can hatch ostrich and emu eggs, so I would love to see it go to a home where it will be put back in service.

Model 223.7851, includes water pans and four egg trays with turners. 100% original except wafer and switch bypassed with Honeywell thermostat that appears to be 50s or early 60s era.

WalnutHill - where are you located? and how much are you asking? I have a 4H Club that is looking for more incubating space and this might work! We are located in Central NY.

I'm in SE Michigan, so New York might not be a reasonable drive. I wish you the best in locating one!

Hint: use Searchtempest.com, it searches multiple Craigslist locations.

[/IMG]

Well I joined the club. Found by a friend on the side of the road put out for the garbage man.
It's been updated near as I can tell. Heating elements appear near new, fan motor is not new but it's less than 50 years old. Wired with romex cable, new snap switches, wafers shine like near new.
It does have what appears to be new water pans and the original hygrometer/thermometer.
Price was right!!!!

[/URL]fantastic find!!!!

Well I joined the club. Found by a friend on the side of the road put out for the garbage man.
It's been updated near as I can tell. Heating elements appear near new, fan motor is not new but it's less than 50 years old. Wired with romex cable, new snap switches, wafers shine like near new.
It does have what appears to be new water pans and the original hygrometer/thermometer.
Price was right!!!!

Back
Top Bottom