Redwood Incubators - Information, help, for sale and wanted

Pics
An update on the hatch; I set 46 eggs, apparently one was a clear that I missed taking out at last candle. 37 hatched, 36 right on time, one extra large egg was pipped for 36 hours, still alive I finally helped it because it had dried out and was stuck; also seemed that the chick was really big and not able to turn in the egg. After I unzipped it half way it was able to finish by itself. There was one mortality, it looked like it didn't absorb the yolk all the way. So 36 live chicks, about 80% hatch, not too bad. I checked the ones that didn't hatch; most had fully formed chicks so not sure what happened with them, but most looked like they didn't pip internally. These were all easter eggers and olive eggers.

Using the drawer organizers as water pans worked really well. I had about 36 small kitchen sponges from the dollar store standing up in them and was able to keep humidity up to 65% during hatch. Only having one shrinkwrapped was amazing compared to other hatches.

Hi, I need some help. I have a lot of pictures! I acquired this incubator from a family member. I originally planned to see if I could use it (he had used it to hatch). I ended up not using it, I did turn it on, let it get to temp but I was nervous about using it. LOL Anyway, I eventually turned it on its side and used it like a table and put some photos on it and such. Now I'm moving and I am not going to have room for all the extra stuff I've accumulated over the years! My husband said we can just keep it and put it in a shed out back of the new house. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it, sell it? I don't know what it is worth? I also don't know if this is how it should look, most I see have some sort of finish on it right? The orange extension cord I am assuming my uncle rigged up? I have no clue! LOL And the dirt at the bottom, and florescent lighting is from last year when I started some seeds in there. LOL I guess I should vacuum that!
So anyway, any advice. What would you do?

Last edited:
Ahh yes, the seeds. I just assumed that since they held temps so well while on, that it may work for starting my seeds. (not on LOL) My house temps fluctuate so much due to poor insulation. Plus, keeping them in there kept my kids tiny fingers out of my little pots. LOL
Anyway, I don't know, its pretty big and the new house doesn't have as much storage. The shed outside is so small and he already wants to put so much other random stuff he isn't ready to part with in there. I'm the chicken lover here not him, and I'm just not sure. I like having it just to have it but I'm unsure if I'll ever use it. I don't know where to start if I did try to sell it either though. I'm at a loss.

Hi, I need some help. I have a lot of pictures! I acquired this incubator from a family member. I originally planned to see if I could use it (he had used it to hatch). I ended up not using it, I did turn it on, let it get to temp but I was nervous about using it. LOL Anyway, I eventually turned it on its side and used it like a table and put some photos on it and such. Now I'm moving and I am not going to have room for all the extra stuff I've accumulated over the years! My husband said we can just keep it and put it in a shed out back of the new house. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it, sell it? I don't know what it is worth? I also don't know if this is how it should look, most I see have some sort of finish on it right? The orange extension cord I am assuming my uncle rigged up? I have no clue! LOL And the dirt at the bottom, and florescent lighting is from last year when I started some seeds in there. LOL I guess I should vacuum that! So anyway, any advice. What would you do?
I keep watching this thread hoping one will pop up for sale near me. Wonder how far away you are. Texas is such a big state lol. If you decide to sell, pm me.

Based on your info, 5.5 hours! Someone tell me what this thing is worth! HAHA then I'll know if I should sell it! LOL
wink.png

I keep watching this thread hoping one will pop up for sale near me. Wonder how far away you are. Texas is such a big state lol. If you decide to sell, pm me.

Based on your info, 5.5 hours! Someone tell me what this thing is worth! HAHA then I'll know if I should sell it! LOL
wink.png
Naw not worth nuffin... I can pick it up at dallas fort worth airport :D Its great! you should restore and use it!

LOL
I don't know that I'll restore it. I just don't see it happening. I see it wasting away in storage all in the name of keeping it to keep it and I'd rather it go to someone to love it and use it. I'm such a pack rat though that I am so unsure. I have too much stuff I know that! LOL

Back
Top Bottom