Redwood Incubators - Information, help, for sale and wanted

Pics
I posted my incubator that I posted pics of a page or 2 back on craigslist. I plugged it in, its heating up, fan is blowing. I'm asking $350, does that sound right. Too much or too low? It doesn't have drawers but has the runners for 5 or 6. I had considered making it look pretty and making drawers for it, but my husband hasn't had the time so I'm just trying to let it go to someone that will use it. I won't be any time soon if at all.
sad.png

My son recently bought a place and found an old redwood incubator in one of the outbuildings. Being the good son that he is, he gave it to his mom. I can't find a manufacturer tag on it anywhere but it looks to be factory made. The rats have been in it and the power cord will obviously have to be replaced, but other than that, I really don't know what I'm looking at. It has six trays, two fans, and a wafer thermostat. There is one of the old fashioned screw in glass fuses inside the front panel, for whatever that's worth. What I need to know is how to check this thing out and make sure it's safe to operate. Can anyone help? Any advice is much appreciated!

My son recently bought a place and found an old redwood incubator in one of the outbuildings. Being the good son that he is, he gave it to his mom. I can't find a manufacturer tag on it anywhere but it looks to be factory made. The rats have been in it and the power cord will obviously have to be replaced, but other than that, I really don't know what I'm looking at. It has six trays, two fans, and a wafer thermostat. There is one of the old fashioned screw in glass fuses inside the front panel, for whatever that's worth. What I need to know is how to check this thing out and make sure it's safe to operate. Can anyone help? Any advice is much appreciated!
Do you have any pics?? Does it have the fans and heating coil in the top rear. Then a water tray and the Wafer on the inside front wall? Or is the heating element and water tray in the bottom?

I can take pics of the inner workings if need be; just didn't think about it when I snapped these. Anyway, it only has one fan (I guess I had my eyes crossed when I looked at it the first time-- duuh!). The fan and heating coil are at the top rear and then there was a 3 compartment metal tray, which I assume is the water tray and, yes, the wafer is on the upper front inside wall.

I can take pics of the inner workings if need be; just didn't think about it when I snapped these. Anyway, it only has one fan (I guess I had my eyes crossed when I looked at it the first time-- duuh!). The fan and heating coil are at the top rear and then there was a 3 compartment metal tray, which I assume is the water tray and, yes, the wafer is on the upper front inside wall.
OK so that is basically the same as the Sears Farm Master. They were sold under a few different names and only had minor differences. There might be a small metal tag attached on the left wall in the front near the top. Those were made / sold in the 50's Very good machines. Inside it will have a screw in fuse and the other socket should have a little round brooder light in it. One switch should turn the heat and fan. The other switch is the light. The "pilot light" on the front should come on when the wafer turns on. Does this have other items in with the wafer?

That sounds just like the set up in this incubator, right down to the little round light. I haven't found a tag, but that doesn't mean I haven't just overlooked it. The wafer is situated in the center front and the adjusting rod runs out the front of the unit. It was detached when I picked it up, so I don't know for certain that there wasn't something else that should have been with it. I wish I could plug it in and see what works, but the power cord, which was originally one of the cloth covered cords and then spliced at a later date, is so rat-chewed that the whole thing is going to have to be replaced before I can do anything else.

Back
Top Bottom