Reflux (GERD)-who has it and what to you do about it?

very interesting, yes my tongue does get upset with hot/spicy and acidic apples can upset it too. now I have to give up even more food boy o' boy. I will look up gluten right now, thanks for the info

I have it too, so does DH, but he gets Nexium for $14 for a 3 month supply . . .I take the white tablets from Wal-Mart, their Equate brand for $4 for 50. I take 2-3 every night before I go to bed and it lasts me all throughout the next day too. I also found out that keeping a little food in the belly helps, as if you let the hunger pangs start, the heartburn will come back too. Nobody understands heartburn unless they have had it. Mine started when I was pregnant with my first baby . . .never went away.

Have you tried the Elimination diet to find out what your triggers are? My fiance has bad heartburn and indigestion, well I should say HAD. We've gone on this diet and he's completely better. No night sweats either which we had no idea was related. We are still adding back foods to find out what his trigger was. He used to use baking soda and water when it was really bad. I highly recommend this diet for anyone suffering from any ailment. You just never know what is tied up to food. My rheumatoid arthritis flare ups are completely gone after the second week on the diet. I was not expecting that but I am overjoyed at the results.
smile.png

I know how you feel! I would also wake up chocking and the burning in my throat was unreal. I was first on protonix and now prevasid. I cant miss it more than a day. My dad said that he raised the head of his mattress and it helped him but it didnt for me.

I have not read all the replies, but a little bit of vinegar with a little of baking soda diluted with some water to make it "drinkable" works well every time. We try to avoid medicines as well.

I have read about some people drinking pickle juice, too. I have not tried that "remedy," but I have read that reducing the acid in your stomach (with meds) only causes it to eventually become worse. I just cannot recall the reason why right now...so we add acid through the above "concoction."

Best wishes & I hope you get better from this problem quickly.

I have it, I hate it and nothing works except doubling up on Nexium(which is stupid expensive and the insurance company doesn't even like paying for me to take one a day, much less 2).
he.gif

Quote:
No headaches here. This is the first I have heard of reflux causing headaches. Did your doctor tell you this or are you asking to see if there is a connection?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom