refrigerating eggs

I've been storing my surplus eggs in an unheated room in chilly NY. They can stay well for a good while , 6 weeks or better in a cold enough place, under 38 degrees...? Any warmer then 38 degrees, i'd use the refrig. I try to move my eggs as soon as i can,but sometimes you have to hold some from lack of demand.. kept cool enough,they'll last a good while...Of course i'm no expert, i'm speaking from my personal experience,and i'd also love to hear from more experienced persons...

I'd guess a few months, if you think about how old the store bought eggs are (about 6 months) I would think fresh eggs would be good at least half that time if not longer JMO !!

Think about what you are saying .

Stores that buy eggs actually get rid of most eggs either daily or within a couple of days ....

6 months ? hmmmm remind me NOT to eat eggs at your house .
lau.gif

Quote:
Uhmmm, if you do a seach on store bought eggs you will find that they CAN be up to 6 months old (not saying all are but they can be). I dont need to think about it, thats why I dont eat them. Also I dont buy store bought eggs, I know my eggs are fresh... So dont you worry about eating bad eggs at my house !!

Quote:
Uhmmm, if you do a seach on store bought eggs you will find that they CAN be up to 6 months old (not saying all are but they can be). I dont need to think about it, thats why I dont eat them. Also I dont buy store bought eggs, I know my eggs are fresh... So dont you worry about eating bad eggs at my house !!

Hey now , I asked a SIMPLE QUESTION ....

How long can you safely keep FRESH eggs OUT of the refrig. That question had nothing to do with store bought eggs , which those chickens are fed steriods, etc. . YES , we all know our eggs are fresh and what we have feed our chickens ... BUT , still have the question on HOW long we can safely keep them eggs
NON refrigerated . PLUS how long are they good once in refrig.

Mother Earth News did a study on various methods of egg storage. Refrigerated eggs, unwashed so they still had the bloom on, where still good at 6 months. That was the method that retained the best eating quality, for the longest time.

For the best flavor with a sunny side up egg, I'd use them a little sooner.

Quote:
You live in a sheltered world if you believe that!

NO , but I do face reality . SO FUNNY m then why would I see our supermarkets getting shipments of eggs twice a week ? NOW , stick that up your pipe and smoke it . Sheltered life ? YOU NOT EVEN FUNNY

Wasnt trying to be funny! You certainly havent done much research on the commercial egg business though. I dare say that if the eggs you are buying in a supermarket are fresh, YOU are the exception rather than the rule. Interesting to see the number of people that have the same experience with supermarket eggs that you do!

Back
Top Bottom