Reg. Jacob wether sheep - NC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by birdbrain5, Nov 20, 2011.

1. birdbrain5

birdbrain5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    I have a 4 year old jacob wether who was bottle raised and is a real sweet guy, he eats out of my hand. He has 5 horns. I got him for a companion to my ewe lamb, but unfortunetly with the way his horns are so upright he is getting caught on my horse fences and I certainly dont have the money to re-fence my pastures. Looking for a good permanent home for him as a pet, no eating! Will consider trades or just a small fee, a good home is most important my zip is 28170
    [​IMG]

2. Parrotchick

Parrotchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2009
    Boonsboro MD
    I have 3 board horse fencing but it has 2" x 4" welded wire fencing attached to it for the enitre perimeter so my Jacobs, including the 4 horned ones, never had issues getting caught. Is there a particular spot or section of fencing where your Jacob is prone to getting caught? Maybe you could put some of that wire over the area where he's getting stuck.

Good luck finding him a home! Resources are really tight for me this year and I had to find a new home for my llama and four Jacobs. Fortunately, they got a good home next door to someone in PA who got my unexpected lambs last year. Everyone always thought they were goats, espcially when they had been sheered.

3. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Wish you werent so far away...I lost my Jacob's this past year--kinda miss the guy! T

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by