Rehabbing a hen unable to walk etc

I am an RN and comfortable with invasive procedures but I am not sure tube feeding a chicken sounds like a good idea for me lol. She does food fine it's the fluids. I use the dropped several times a day and it helps. She also did drink some juice I left out but not much. I'll keep the watered down catfood by her. It attracts more Flies so I think last have to move her into the garage. If I could get her solid food and fluids for a week I bet she would bounce back. I'll try the sling tomorrow and use towels. I am also going to get a cushion for her. Thank you for your replies and help!
I can't see anything else wrong with her either. She looks healthy from the outside now.

She is doing ok. I feel like her system was shutting down by the time I got home. Too much food and fluid's can be bad too. So I have been not as aggressive with intake. But it's been 9 days now and I think I can start to push her harder for intake. I'll get watermelon I think she will liken that with the catfood. I figure it's something that has a balance of protein and nutrition for her.

Back
Top Bottom