Rehome a call duck

An update on Webster: He’s being a bit of a pain in the butt! On days when they get outside their run, he instantly flies over the garage to my other flock, which is fine. But over there he fights with my 5 year old mallard, Polo. He’s clearly trying to take his place in the flock. They fend Webster off, for a while but then Polo goes off by himself. I think he gets tired. I hate to do it, but I think I’m going to have to clip a wing to keep Webster on his side. There’s just scuffles, no missing feathers yet, but he seems to upset the other flock. Other than that, he’s good. He’s feisty, eats, drinks, and preens like he should.
Sounds like my calls. I’ve heard they try to be dominant like the Napoleon complex. lol. I think it’s a good idea to trim a feather or two. To keep him safe

Best to do wing clipping because it’s only going to get worse.
Yeah, I'm nervous doing it, I found a video online, but all the comments say she's doing it wrong. I'll have to read up this weekend and get it done. I'm not concerned about his safety as much, but he is really harassing my mallard!

Normal I had to clip 3 females when I brought home my Muscovy I was a nervous wreck but this is the best diagram I have found. Of course he had to find someone close to his size to pick on, they ain't stupid :lol: @thumper650

1580491347895.png
@thumper650

Attachments

• 1580491348093.png
    1580491348093.png
    205.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sounds like my calls. I’ve heard they try to be dominant like the Napoleon complex. lol. I think it’s a good idea to trim a feather or two. To keep him safe
Downey has to be all alpha male whenever anyone touches anything in their enclosure. I've figured out how to get around it, but he always nips my mom after she gives them treats and she always takes it personally. :rolleyes::he

Oh Webster, he is a challenge. So I'm considering making him his own enclosure. He's miserable living with the boys, and when he goes over to the three where the girl lives, he makes Polo miserable, by chasing him out and taking his place.
I've seen enclosures like rabbit hutches, and I can make him a run that will keep them safe during the day. I'm a little nervous getting a call duck girl, I've heard they're very loud. Is there another small breed quieter duck that would make a nice lady friend for him? He loves my Kahki Campbell, but she's the only girl in town.

Maybe the smaller the more hormonal? oh heaven forbid. lol

Is you KC girl loud? maybe that would be a good choice. You'll have to watch Webs doesn't over mate her but That would make a nice couple since the KC females aren't very big. Runners aren't very big but they are tall that would be an interesting match up. But cute.

My KC is loud, sometimes. so far no neighbors have said anything. We live kinda near a river, so we hear geese overhead a lot, so there's a bit of nature here. I was thinking of getting a new girl for Webster, since my KC is bonded with her blind boyfriend and her little Mallard boyfriend.
Maybe the smaller the more hormonal? oh heaven forbid. lol

Is you KC girl loud? maybe that would be a good choice. You'll have to watch Webs doesn't over mate her but That would make a nice couple since the KC females aren't very big. Runners aren't very big but they are tall that would be an interesting match up. But cute.
Yeah, imagine the babies, Not that I'd let them keep their eggs, but a runner call duck mix? In my head it looks kinda freaky!

Back
Top Bottom