Rehome a call duck

Yes, it was his first snow! He was not that amused. He actually used his flying powers to get over some of that snow.
I’ve been very busy at work, so they’ve been locked in their run for a few days, except for today. I’m happy to report that Brendan seems to have stopped going after him, even while they were eating. Webster likes to stay between my pekins when possible.
We plan on locking them in their house this weekend at night. It’s going to get very cold.
Here’s Webster with his pekin bodyguards.
79DC0CE9-8143-4862-BCFB-6B0B78F1742C.jpeg

See your already hooked an you haven’t even met him in person! But I can sure see why he’s gorgeous. I know people here roll their eyes at my keeping poultry. They have no idea the joy and therapy these birds can bring to our lives.
Just thinking about our friends thinking we’re nuts
I was texting with a friend about coming over this weekend...
68365F59-F7CF-45B1-B8FC-FA986394C1A8.jpeg

Yes, it was his first snow! He was not that amused. He actually used his flying powers to get over some of that snow.
I’ve been very busy at work, so they’ve been locked in their run for a few days, except for today. I’m happy to report that Brendan seems to have stopped going after him, even while they were eating. Webster likes to stay between my pekins when possible.
We plan on locking them in their house this weekend at night. It’s going to get very cold.
Here’s Webster with his pekin bodyguards.
View attachment 1976178
That is great to hear! I thought that he would be afraid of the pekings because they are so much bigger than him but I love the fact that they are actually protecting him, it's adorable!

Someting a little unexpected happened today. Webster is fine, but he decided he wants to live with my other flock of ducks on the other side of the garage. Everybody was out of their cages today, while I did some much needed cleaning. My Khaki Campbell, Ruby, and her boyfriends, Marco (partially blind pekin) and Polo (mallard) went over to cause trouble with my boy flock, which they do whenever possible.
Webster flew down off the wall, to get to them. There was a little pecking and scuffling but he followed them back to there house and stayed there. They were getting along so I left him over there. I've gone out twice to check on them and they're all sleeping in their house. I'll check him one more time tonight. Maybe he's just having a sleep over?

Back
Top Bottom