Rehome a call duck

Hello everyone,
I am looking for a new home for my beautiful male call duck. I had a wonderful flock of call ducks in a variety of colors and l loved them dearly but last week, tragically, I lost them all but one. A lynx attack my flock during the night and I woke to find only one alive in my partially frozen pond. I am absolutely devastated and heartbroken but I realize that I cannot keep him caged all alone for the remainder of the winter even if it is to keep him safe. I know that he needs to be with other ducks, preferably females, so that he can recover from his ordeal and be happy again. I live in Massachusetts, close to the NH border and am looking for a loving family for him. This is probably the best place to get in touch with other people who, like me, love these precious little ducks. Let me know if anyone is interested, thank you.
Where are you?

If you want me to take him let me know, I can seperate him from my boys at first. How tame is he?
Well, up until the flock got attacked, they were all very friendly. He is a bit more skittish now but he has never been aggressive. I hope that he will get back to his easy going self once he is back with other ducks. Would you be willing to take him this week?

I will as soon as I leave work :)
Here are a few pictures of my boy.
20191123_182014.jpg
20191123_181935.jpg
20191123_181955.jpg
20191123_181955.jpg

Well, up until the flock got attacked, they were all very friendly. He is a bit more skittish now but he has never been aggressive. I hope that he will get back to his easy going self once he is back with other ducks. Would you be willing to take him this week?
I could take him this week, if that’s ok with you. I can keep him separated for now. Can he fly? I have a covered run, but my ducks spend some time outside the run, when supervised.

Back
Top Bottom