Rehome a call duck

I know you are and do want a safe place for him. Do you have him safe right now? Being a lone duck make him so vulnerable.
Oh yes absolutely, he is in a large crate in my garage. He does not like it but I don't even feel safe keeping him in my outside cop, I've seen a few raccoons on my trail camera so I'm not taking any chances!

Hello everyone,
I am looking for a new home for my beautiful male call duck. I had a wonderful flock of call ducks in a variety of colors and l loved them dearly but last week, tragically, I lost them all but one. A lynx attack my flock during the night and I woke to find only one alive in my partially frozen pond. I am absolutely devastated and heartbroken but I realize that I cannot keep him caged all alone for the remainder of the winter even if it is to keep him safe. I know that he needs to be with other ducks, preferably females, so that he can recover from his ordeal and be happy again. I live in Massachusetts, close to the NH border and am looking for a loving family for him. This is probably the best place to get in touch with other people who, like me, love these precious little ducks. Let me know if anyone is interested, thank you.
I'm in Washington state, so I'm no help, but I'm so sorry you lost your ducks. :( :( :(

Thank you for the endorsement @Miss Lydia !

Him getting picked on is a possibility, you never know with these boys. Right now everyone’s calm. I’d you plan on keeping him maybe you could get him a girlfriend from @learycow I think he’s in Maine.

A mirror in the meantime might help too.
I'm in Washington state, so I'm no help, but I'm so sorry you lost your ducks. :( :( :(
Thank you so much.

Thank you for the endorsement @Miss Lydia !

Him getting picked on is a possibility, you never know with these boys. Right now everyone’s calm. I’d you plan on keeping him maybe you could get him a girlfriend from @learycow I think he’s in Maine.

A mirror in the meantime might help too.
I put a large mirror in the garage and I even considered putting a small TV in there to distract him . My husband thinks I'm nuts, lol and he might be right but I don't care. I think that even if he was to get picked on by your boys it's still better than being all alone in a cage in my garage. What part of Massachusetts are you located?

Sorry for your loss. If you want to rehome your remaining duck, maybe you could post something at your local feed store(s) where others buy feed for their birds. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom