Rehoming duck in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by riahness, Sep 14, 2016.

1. riahness

riahness Just Hatched

Jan 20, 2016
    So i got 6 straight run ducklings and we were hoping for atleast a couple female. We got only 1 female and 4 males now we lost one to the neighbors dog early on. I am at the point to where the males are fighting a bit and trying to mount each other. I'd love to rehome some of my males but I want to make sure it's to someone who will love them and take them as I have. I would want a pet only home not someone who would try to eat him or anything. I live in Mannford, OK but would consider driving if it's not too far for the right person. I love my babies and I hate having to get rid of them but my 1 female just can't handle it and the smallest of the males can't either.

2. quackers619

quackers619 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2015
    fayetteville,ga
    I would place a ad on craigs list telling what you are looking for. I did it with my puppies and kittens and found them good homes. I talked with the people who wanted them and if i didn't feel right about them i just told them sorry you don't sound like the right fit

3. lomine

lomine Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2015
    Peyton, CO
    [​IMG]

You'll need to get rid of 3 males. Otherwise the chances of them killing the hen are high. If they are more for pets then eggs, you'll probably have an easier time re-homing the hen and keeping the 4 drakes. Without the hen around they should calm down and stop fighting.

There is a buy-sell-trade section here on on BYC but I believe you have to have at least 10 posts to put something on it. Many folks also use Craigslist. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by