Rehoming Rooster, do I replace him?

Should we replace him?
It’s my understanding his behavior is common. But I also hear about nice roosters.
Bear in mind even very nice and friendly roos of a decent size still have the potential to injure a child (or an unsuspecting adult for that matter) even if not intentionally. I have a giant cochin cross who is just the sweetest little fluff ball; he follows me around like a puppy and I regularly bring him in the house to sit with him. However he sometimes gets over-excited when he sees people he likes and, to use a term of the younger generation, he will sometimes "yeet" himself at someone he wants a hug from. A 7.5lb bird with 3-inch spurs and bad aim sailing through the air towards you is no joke whether it wants to flog you or just can't contain its need for hugs and kisses.

Omgosh he sounds utterly adorable.

How nice though that you don’t have to walk around your yard watching your back and carrying a stick just to show you’re armed.

Had some excellent feedback back here, as of now, and do not plan to replace him. Still searching to rehome him.

Back
Top Bottom