Reintroduction of two groups of quail (who used to live together)

Quirky Quail

In the Brooder
Jan 19, 2018
I have 3 Italian hens and one Roux dilute roo as a group and 4 Pharaoh hens and a Rosetta roo as a group. they used to live together but I separated them because my other, bigger Italian hen (the one in my profile pic) was beating them up. Since then I've taken said hen out and paired her off with a Pharaoh roo all to herself (she absolutely adores him) Question is: can I put the two groups back together with some degree of caution now the problem bird has been relocated?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

As long as it hasn't been too long and you have neutral territory to put them into (even just remove the birds from one cage and completely rearrange it so that it's unfamiliar to everyone) there shouldn't be a problem. But do lots of observing to ensure no bullying is taking place. :fl If it all goes pear shaped you may have to have a divider between them for a week or so.

As long as it hasn't been too long and you have neutral territory to put them into (even just remove the birds from one cage and completely rearrange it so that it's unfamiliar to everyone) there shouldn't be a problem. But do lots of observing to ensure no bullying is taking place. :fl If it all goes pear shaped you may have to have a divider between them for a week or so.
I currently have an MDF divider in between them that can be taken out easily so Tomorrow I'll do a thorough clean, take it out and see what happens. I'm banking on the fact that the birds know each other and the problem hen hasn't created any lasting animosities between individuals. I'm also doing up a hutch and putting a run on it so I'd prefer if they could live as a group :)
:fl:):goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom