Reject Hatching Eggs - aka "The Undesirable Egg Experiment"

Here goes nothing! I liberally waxed the cracked egg (fortunately it's on the pointy end) and then put a little bit of tape over the wax to hopefully keep the turner from removing the wax. All eggs are set and appropriately labeled! Let's see what happens!
popcorn2.gif

2-20-20 Crackles Wax-Tape repair.jpg
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0011.JPG

What do all the letters mean?

I named the eggs in my original post, Crackles, Lumpy, Rocket, and Sticky, lol. So I thought it would be easier to keep track by labeling them as such throughout the experiment when I'm candling and updating. There is technically a second oblong egg but it's not quite as severe as the egg I labeled "Rocket". Same for the other egg with the calcium build up, it's not as bad as the one I named "Lumpy".

I named the eggs in my original post, Crackles, Lumpy, Rocket, and Sticky, lol. So I thought it would be easier to keep track by labeling them as such throughout the experiment when I'm candling and updating. There is technically a second oblong egg but it's not quite as severe as the egg I labeled "Rocket". Same for the other egg with the calcium build up, it's not as bad as the one I named "Lumpy".

Okay that’s what I thought. Just needed to make sure since I’ve seen other people label their eggs as A1 B4 C6 etc.

Okay that’s what I thought. Just needed to make sure since I’ve seen other people label their eggs as A1 B4 C6 etc.

That would make a lot of sense! I may still number these eggs but I mostly wanted to track the odd eggs and I try to keep a little humor in experiments like this, that may have less than stellar results. It will be interesting to see what happens though! I'm usually super picky about what eggs I put in the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom