Release of Bob Whites

Quote:
If I read your post right your hatching eggs all the eggs they layed. 110 total, 40 in the 1st batch and 70 more in this batch. I dont think you can expect the eggs over 10 days or so old to hatch. Bill

well, the hens laid four a day for a couple weeks or so and then picked up the pace, so i have been keeping track of how many went into the incubator on what date, so i know when to take them out... so it is going to take a while to cycle through the rest... only a few (up to nine that was the biggest batch)out a day or every couple days. Not sure if I am doing it right, but kept track of them best i knew how
smile.png

Hello everyone:

I just spoke to the PA Game Commission. I was advised that it is legal in PA to release bobwhite quail, chukars, pheasants, etc. as long as I got the birds lawfully, i.e., incubated or bought them lawfully, for the purpose of dog training or hunting. So, I will be releasing my birds. They will be released into an area that has six strands of electric fence which will give them a chance to get themselves used to being in the outdoors without any predators getting to them (hopefully). I believe that since there is plenty of food at this time of year, they will be okay. I will be placing them outside in their cage so they get accustomed to their surroundings; however, I believe I will wait until next month to do that. They will be 3 months old by that time. I will do some more research on that issue, however, before I do anything. I appreciate everyone's input.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom