Reliable Egg Layers??

I found a hatchery in OR
smile.png
only a state away

If I cannot find local places that are selling golden sex links at least I have that option
smile.png
yippee

do you have a big R up there, they will have chicks in March and April, they usually have the Golden Comets, which are my VERY most Favorite chicken, so friendly, pretty and early to mature.....
Quote:

Quote:

yes, we do have a big R, i will call them and see if they know when and what chicks
smile.png
thx

Our girls are 8 Black Stars, 2 Americuanas and 3 Cochins, all now laying, and I'm pretty impressed, the Black Stars were the first to begin laying but now everyone's up to speed even though it's dark and snowy. I have a light in the coop that comes on early in the morning to wake them, warm them up and extend their daylight, so that might be helping. The Americuanas seemed the slowest to get going on the laying, just started last week, but now they've figured it out.

You can see our eggs, and the gang having a nice dirt bath, at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150463973568297.360975.507333296&type=1&l=70a41f836b

Nancy

Nancy Ambrosiano
Los Alamos, NM, USA

Quote:
what is the hatchery in or?

farwest hatchery, but they have a small order fee so i am going to call around to see what the feed stores will have.

I called Big R and they are getting a shipment of chicks second week of Feb and they are getting the Golden Sex Links!! BUT they won't hold them, she said I can call end jan beginning of Fed to find out more about timing and be put on a list that they call when they are about to get chicks and then i can go to the store and be there when they arrive. I didn't ask if they could order me any??? Can they do that, they only have 25 Golden Sex Links coming in and I want 10 of them....

My aussie lays a big brown egg every day. Very pretty, calm birds. Golden buffs are nice too. They are smaller and really friendly(food motivated) both great for eggs.

Back
Top Bottom